Our Commitment to Privacy
We are also committed to adhering to and promoting the seven general principles set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) which are integral to this Policy.
- 1. Lawfulness, fairness and transparency.
- 2. Purpose limitation.
- 3. Data minimisation.
- 4. Accuracy.
- 5. Storage limitation.
- 6. Integrity and confidentiality (security)
- 7. Accountability.
Our company is Staskus Entertainment Ltd t/a Book Enigma, First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7LT, UK. Company Number 13350243.
We own and operate a Website at https://www.bookenigma.com where Customers can make reservations for a restaurant table. The Customer makes a “blind” booking where they do not choose the restaurant. Instead, they will be informed which restaurant has been chosen for them two hours before the reservation time by email. The choice is made for them following the criteria they have given us.
We may be both a data controller and data processor of personal data and may have a Data Processing Agreement with our partners and affiliates if necessary to ensure that your data is handled appropriately, correctly and in compliance with the General Data Protection Act 2018.
We have divided this policy into seven sections to make it easier for you to find the information you need.
- 1. Information. Who we are and what our obligations are.
- 2. Disclosure, which tells you about who collects your data
- 3. Purpose, why we collect your data and information and how we use it.
- 4. Consent, we explain how your data and information will not be shared or used without your permission, with the choice to opt-out.
- 5. Security. How we keep your data safe and how we store it.
- 6. Access, how you have access to your data and how you can change or edit it and what your Data protection rights are
- 7. Accountability, how you can correct your data, how you can contact the person responsible for overseeing your data.
Data we collect
We collect the following data:
Personal identification information such as name, email address, city/town, country.
How we collect your data
You provide Book Enigma with most of the data we collect when you make a reservation with us when you give us details such as name or email address or from cookies when you browse our Site.
We collect and process data when you make a reservation or if you voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on our website and use our website by your browser’s cookies.
We may also indirectly receive your data from third-party websites or referrals from other companies.
Your personal details are also collected by third parties, for example, Stripe securely collects all your payment details directly and manage payment processes.
Why we collect your data
We collect your data so that we can offer our services and arrange a table reservation for you. Payment details and information are collected by Stripe which we do not have access to. We may need your contact details so we can email you with information on our services we think might interest you and to give the restaurant your details for the reservation.. Also, your data may help make the services we offer better and to give you an improved user experience.
When Stripe processes your payment they may send your data to reference agencies and also use the resulting information to prevent fraudulent transactions.
Your name and email address will also be accessible by the restaurant.
Book Enigma, with your consent, would like to occasionally send you by email information such as newsletters about our Services.
If you have agreed to receive emails from us containing promotional offers to your email address, you can easily unsubscribe from this at any time. We will no longer send you such marketing information.
You have the right to request that Book Enigma do not contact you for marketing purposes at any time.
If you wish to let us know that you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our legal basis for collecting your data is consent, but there may be other grounds. In this case, the applicable law is the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) and the Data Protection Act (2018)
Your data or information will not be used, sold, transferred or otherwise disclosed without your consent. You are also able to opt-out or discontinue using our website and take back the consent for the use or dissemination of data or identifiable information. The information at the end of this page tells you how to contact us if you wish to opt-out.
Consent to Withdraw
You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time for any or all of your data. However, this may mean that we cannot offer you a full service or you may not be able to use some parts of our website..
Information concerning minors
Only children over the age of 13 are allowed to give consent for the use of their data. We cannot request or process data from children under the age of 13 unless consent from whoever holds parental responsibility for the child has been given in writing. However, only people over the age of 18 are allowed to use our website which means that we do not collect or process data from anyone under the age of 18.
How we look after your data
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under UK Data Protection Legislation.
When we process your order and make your Reservation you give us your personal data such as name and email address in order to provide our Services.
We may store some of your data on our secure website servers or in our Computer system we use to operate our business and process your reservation. This system and any files are securely encrypted and can only be accessed by authorised Book Enigma staff.
- Stripe Legal
- 510 Townsend Street,
- San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
We also use Mailchimp to store your information if you agreed to receive emails from us. Please contact Mailchimp if you would like to know more about how they store your data:
- Data Protection Officer
- The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp
You can ask us to provide you with information on what data we have stored about you. We will correct or erase data if you ask us unless we need it for legal reasons.
We will keep your personal identification details including email addresses for only as long as you are using our website to use our Services. We will keep your data only as long as we need it. However, for your convenience, we do not delete your data immediately after you have used our Services, in case you return to our website to make another Reservation. Once period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from the server and systems.
You can ask us to delete your data at any time.
Contact us if you would like to know more about making such requests at email@example.com
Your data protection rights
We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user of our website is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Book Enigma give you copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Book Enigma correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete the information you think is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Book Enigma erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Book Enigma restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Book Enigma’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Book Enigma transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Your personal data is important and we take our legal responsibilities seriously and we are more than happy to deal with any issues or questions you may have concerning your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at
- Staskus Entertainment Ltd, t/a Book Enigma
- First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street,
- London W1W 7LT.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
If you wish to make a complaint or you feel that Book Enigma has not addressed your concerns satisfactorily, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
- Information Commissioner’s Office
- Wycliffe House
- Water Lane
- SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
For further or more detailed information on your data protection rights, please visit the UK ICO website at https://ico.org.uk.